× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 + EX3700 Extender - DHCP issues when connected to Extender

alex13
Aspirant

R7000 + EX3700 Extender - DHCP issues when connected to Extender

Hey All,

I've got the R7000 which has been working well. Just recently purcahsed the AC750 EX3700 extender to extend my network to an area in the house where wireless coverage is poor and have been having some issues. 

I've tried resetting both devices to factory and am still experiencing the problems.

Most notably on iOS devices, when trying to connect to my network (which has the same name for 2.4 and 5GHz and same name in extender, so one name total), iOS devices will struggle to connect sometimes, especially if they're trying to reconnect after being on sleep.

It looks like they can't get an IP address / DHCP isn't able to go from router through to extender through to device. This issue only happens when it's trying to connect via the extender. 

Any ideas? I don't know if it's got anything to do with the virtual MAC addresses or something?

Thanks!

Alex

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R7000 + EX3700 Extender - DHCP issues when connected to Extender

Hello Alex13

It is suggested to have separate names for the extender and main router since they are separate networks.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7