× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Extending RAX43 Network?

freako13
Follower

R7000 Extending RAX43 Network?

Good afternoon, I have an RAX43 router set in standard Wireless mode. The unfortunate part is the signal doesn't reach the back yard. Is it possible to use my older R7000 to extend the wireless network provided by the RAX43? The two routers would be on two different floors, so connecting them directly via Ethernet is not possible, unfortunately.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7000 Extending RAX43 Network?

If there is a repeater mode on the R7000 it maybe possible. If not, then no. Bridge mode is only for a client mode. 

Would be better to get in to a EAX## something for wifi extending. 

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

The r7000 did have a repeater/extender mode. I think it might have been removed in one of the versions of firmware so you might check on if your firmware version has it or not. If not, you can try downgrading to an older (might be quite a bit older) version of firmware or check into 3rd party firmware like openwrt/ddwrt that do include those modes. 

Message 3 of 4

@freako13 wrote:

The two routers would be on two different floors, so connecting them directly via Ethernet is not possible, unfortunately.

A workaround here could be to connect the R7000 to the router using Powerline Ethernet. That turns the mains circuit into an ethernet network.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7