× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000>EX6200 Antenna Replacement

fewter
Aspirant

R7000>EX6200 Antenna Replacement

So i have a R7000(2dBi) & EX6200(5dBi). [Distance: 160'+ / through woods and brick walls | running a cat cable is not financially suitable]

I have my extender configured with fastlane technology: router>2.4gHz | end-device>5gHz

sidenote: How can I configure what channel from the extender side (2.4) to router (2.4) i am broadcasting on, so that it can match with the channel on the router side? Or does the extender side        recognize the channel the router is already broadcasting on and select that as the appropriate channel?

I want to replace one antenna on each end with a 13dbi yagi wireless high gain booster directional antenna rp-sma

inside to keep safe from the elements and direct towards the opposite to get a better connection. Would this create a better connection in order to acheive a greater download speed?

Is it possible to run two dual-band and one 2.4gHz yagi antenna(s) on the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 | one yagi/omni on the Netgear Wi-fi Extender EX6200?

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
fewter
Aspirant

Re: R7000>EX6200 Antenna Replacement

This is either dumb, rhetorical or too complex... Any answers?

Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R7000>EX6200 Antenna Replacement

Hello Fewter

I can not recommend using third party antennas with our router so we can not provide any recommendations on that but for your questions, your extender will recognize the channel on your router once connected and will be on the same channel as the router.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7