× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000P extending wifi

SchmidtHaus
Initiate

R7000P extending wifi

Hi, I am looking for some suggestions on extending my wifi. We currently have a R7000P router and looking into the mesh or wifi extender. We have nest cameras. When we put the cameras on the furthest outside corners, they state that they cannot connect to wifi- assuming the strength. We have a 2 story 3200sq ft home and the exteriors walls are ICF (Insulated concrete forms)- So they are foam blocks filled with 6in of concrete. There is also a 2 car garage. If I were to look into a mesh system, which one would I need, thank you! 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000P extending wifi

That concrete is going to cause issues. Concrete is one of the best blockers of wifi signal. 

so it might take a mesh system. It might take hardwiring in your camera's. 

Its tough to say because of the concrete. 

You might have to try several solutions to find out what will work for you. 

Message 2 of 4
SchmidtHaus
Initiate

Yes, unfortunately. I guess my question is, can you purchase mesh add ons since I already have the router, or do I need to buy the whole system that comes with the router.  

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

You can buy mesh extenders. 
Problem with it is that I don't usually recommend more than 1 mesh extender.

If you're needing more, then I'd recommend moving to a mesh system. Reason is the extenders can end up connected to each other versus with a mesh system there's a router controlling it. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7