× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 disconnected from modem

SrRose
Aspirant

R8000 disconnected from modem

Ihave an R8000 wireless router. I was trying to set up a new EX8000 Nighthawk X6S range extender connected to the router, but I accidently cut off the internet access while it was finishing up the connection (it looked like the internet access had dropped out, so I closed the browser).  Now, I can't get the R8000 router to connect to the modem at all.  It simply says, no connection availble.  I am connected directly to the modem right now.  How do I reestablish connection to the router, and then to the extender?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R8000 disconnected from modem

Hi @SrRose,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the router?

2. Have you tried resetting the router and going through the setup procedure?

3. What is the status of the router LED's (Internet, power)?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 8
SrRose
Aspirant

Dear Dexter,

I can't tell you the firmware version, because the router cannot be recognized as on - I can't get to my account for this router. I did try to reset, but I don't think I did it right, as there were no changes.  When the cable is plugged in, the router LED's are all lit - internet, wps, and wifi on. The network center says no wifi is available.  Right now, I have the computer connected directly to the modem.

What are all the steps for reseting the router?

Thanks so much!

SrRose

Message 3 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @SrRose,

1. This link may help for the reset.

2. This link may also help out in getting to the router UI to set it up.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 8
SrRose
Aspirant

Hi Dexter,

SUCCESS!  I found the advice I needed to turn the wifi back on!  Thanks so much!

SrRose

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 5 of 8
SrRose
Aspirant

Hi DexterJB,

Well, I have internet access now, and my new extender (EX8000)  is registered, but I can't get it set up!!!  I have factory reset it, and used WPS button to link it to my router (R8000), and it says it is linked, but it doesn't show up in my connections, and when I am at the netgear site for 'New Extender setup' it only goes so far, and then stops.  I need to get this thing going!  What am I doing wrong?

Help!   SrRose

Message 6 of 8
SrRose
Aspirant

DexterJB,

Can you tell  me  how to contact someone at Netgear?  I cannot get this router extender to finish the setup, and when I tried to contact support, they told me that my 90 day complementary phone support expired on June 22 - But June 22 was when I bought it!  It should have started that day!  Is there a phone number or email address I can use?

SrRose

Message 7 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @SrRose,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7