× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R9000 and AC3000 conflicts

Crosscs
Aspirant

R9000 and AC3000 conflicts

Recently bought the AC3000 mesh extender to accompany my R9000. Having nothing but conflicts between the two. The signal will go in and out and sometimes the will not allow anything to connect at all. I did the whole WPS connection between the but this has not worked out.
Message 1 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R9000 and AC3000 conflicts

Hi @Crosscs,

Welcome to the community!

1. When you say "go in and out", are you saying that you will lose the signal on both the R9000 and the EX8000?

2. Does turning off/removing the EX8000 fix the issue?

3. What is the firmware version of the extender?

4. Have you tried resetting the extender and manually configuring it?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Crosscs
Aspirant

If I leave the AC3000 on all night then it interferes with the R9000 and whether or not it is putting out a WiFi signal. If I just leave it on during the day, it seems be fine when I turn it off later before bed. I connected them via WPS, so I haven’t touched any settings on the extender.
Message 3 of 5
Crosscs
Aspirant

So yesterday, I turned off the smart connect on the R9000.  Seemed to the do the trick.  At one point last night, around 1030pm, the wifi dropped off but it came back up in a coupls of seconds.  It seemd to be working fine this morning until we were leaving for work and then the wifi dropped again.  It just driving me nuts, so if anyone has a suggestion as to how to fix this please respond.  

Message 4 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Crosscs,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7