× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50V2 - satellite add on

Christy0508
Follower

RBR50V2 - satellite add on

I originally purchased the RBR50V2 in November. It came with 1 satellite and the RBR40 voice - which was supposed to also act as a satellite - it didn’t and I can’t even talk about it 😬. Fast forward - I purchased another satellite this week (so now I’m almost $800 all in). I’ve had nothing but trouble since adding the satellite. The voice (non satellite) has been removed so is a non issue.

I’m running the router and 2 satellites. All have been installed / uninstalled and reinstalled countless times this week. M devices are connecting and some stay connected. Others don’t. I’m writing this while streaming the playoff game on my iPad - on cellular service...

My work laptop is dropping connection constantly. My tv is buffering. I have super fast internet over 480 mbps. Why would adding a satellite - the twin to the original satellite cause an issue? I have a 3,000 sf house and my orbi system covers 5,000 sf

Suggestions?
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR50V2 - satellite add on

You'd probably get more help in the orbi section and not the extender section. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7