× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RV Park connection fails (TangoInternet)

Phillip-J
Follower

RV Park connection fails (TangoInternet)

Hi,

My Environment

*Nighthark X4 AC2200 EX7300v2

*NetGear 5 Port Fast Ethernet Switch (FS205v2)
*TerraMaster TNAS (4bay+2ext USB3 HDD)

*MyFi8000 (Hop spot device)(no current connection, was working in last RV Park)

*TangoInternet Wi-Fi Internet connection

Prior Connection:

* Was via the MyFi hotspot device for internet access point which worked very well for almost 8 months.

New Connection:

* I have now relocated from Yuma, Az. to Groveland, Ca.  Unfortunatly there is no mobile phone connectivity, hence my MyFi device is now useless.

* At my new location (Yosemite Pines RV Park) I only have the parks internet (TangoInternet) to connect to and rely on. 

* I go into the setup for the X4 device, after using the reset to factory button, I am able to see the TangoInternet signal and it reports 93%, I select it and continue with the setup.  At the end I uncheck the "use the same name" box to get the two band names xxx_5Ext and xxx_2.5Ext, leaving the password the same as original (at no time during the setup process am I asked for the TangoInternet password). 

* I reset my laptop connection the the new xxx_5Ext and it says "No Internet, Open".

* BUT I do not have any connectivity to my local network or the Internet.

I have checked and double checked the setup, the default addreess, MyWiFiExt or IP works does not work either.  I have to reset to factory to gain access to the internal browser configuration pages.  But do not see anythign off or missing!

What am I missing? 

What am I doing wrong?

Note:- I am unable to call Tech Support as I do not have mobile phone connectivity yet.

Spent the last week trying everything I know to get it to work.  I have failed miserably and getting very frustrated.

FYI:- The MAC address for the X4 is supposedly sent to TangoInternet to give me full access. (not sure if that has been completed as we are unable to get through to them).

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me. 🙂

Model: EX7300v2|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7