× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Range Extender firmware update

CiprianoMPA
Aspirant

Range Extender firmware update

I'm trying to upgrade the firmware on my EX3700 Range Extender.  When I download the file my Mac says that I can't open it.  It's a chk file.  The Netgear website is not helpful with trouble shooting and it says I need to pay for customer support.  What can I do?  

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 10
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @CiprianoMPA,

You should not open the downloaded .chk file. You need to login to extender using mywifiext.net from a device connected to extender, goto "firmware update" in left, browse the .chk file and upload it.

Message 2 of 10
CiprianoMPA
Aspirant

Thank you.  I'm not able to open that site though.  Any idea why?

Message 3 of 10
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @CiprianoMPA,

Try mywifiext.net from a device connected to extender's network. If that doesn't work, use the IP address of extender to login which can be located in attached devices of your router.

Message 4 of 10
CiprianoMPA
Aspirant

Sorry I'm new at this.  What is attached devices of my router?

Message 5 of 10
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @CiprianoMPA,

Attached devices is list where it'll display devices that are connected to your router. Options to navigate to that will differ from router's brand and model. What is the make and model of your router? By the way, did you tried connecting a device to extender(_EXT) network and tried accessing using mywifiext.net?

Message 6 of 10
CiprianoMPA
Aspirant

Thank you.  I'm still not sure where to find this list though.  Is attached devices on the website?  

Message 7 of 10
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @CiprianoMPA,

Did you tried connecting any device to extender's(_EXT) network and attempted mywifiext.net?

Message 8 of 10
CiprianoMPA
Aspirant

Yes and it tells me that I'm not connected even though I am.  

Message 9 of 10
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @CiprianoMPA,

What happens when you try mywifiext.net?

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7