× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Range Extender for Nighthawk AC1900-R7000

ritnet
Follower

Range Extender for Nighthawk AC1900-R7000

I have a Nighthawk AC1900-R7000. It works fine for two laptops and 2 iphones. Except I sometimes lose signal at far ends of my house, for Zoom Meetings and YouTube and even occasionally for updating email.

Router is in center of the basement. The rooms that occasionally lose signal are one floor up (on the ground floor) and about 20-25 feet from center of house, on both sides of the center.

I thought I would put a range extender on the ground floor at the center of the house.  I want to make sure the range extender will give me good signals at both ends of the house. But I dont want the range extender to slow  the signal to the point that it affects Zoom or YouTube.What specs would i need for the range extender?Would it be better, instead, to consider getting a new router?Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Range Extender for Nighthawk AC1900-R7000

Hi ritnet, a few things to consider are:

- Do you have a wall patch or can run an Ethernet cable from the R7000 to where you want to place the extender? If yes, then we recommend doing that to maximize speed and bandwidth

- If not, we recommend an extender with a similar or bigger bandwidth capacity than the R7000 (AC1900)

- A new router may not guarantee a major leap in coverage since there are network environment factors that may continue to affect signal quality

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7