× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Range Extender keeps loosing wifi connection

Redsnake
Aspirant

Range Extender keeps loosing wifi connection

This concerns an extender which is connected to a router. I connect the extender to the router by pressing the WPS-button on the router and then the "push "N" connect"-button on the extender. The extender sends out wifi-signals and works just great. For an hour or couple of hours. Or, maybe as long as the external device (macbook, iphone etc) are connected. Then, the next time I choose that wireless network (EXT.) it has no wifi signal (but the connection status indicator on the Extender is lights green). I do the same procedure, WPS + push N connect, then it work for a while then it losses wifi again, again, again...

I would teally appreciete some advice on this 🙂

Model: WN2000RPT|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Range Extender keeps loosing wifi connection

Hello Redsnake,

A couple things:

1. Have you tried moving the extender closer to the router?

2. Macbook, iPhone, and devices that are connect to the extender are unable to get internet connection when the issue occurs? Is this on all devices within your home?

3. Does the extender have the same SSID as your router?

~Christian 

Message 2 of 4
Redsnake
Aspirant

Dear Christian, thanks for replying.

1. The extender is well within reach of the router.
2. Yes, all devices loose WiFi from the extender (but WiFi from the router still works).
3. How do I check/change Ssid?

Brgds
Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Redsnake, 

You can change the SSID of the extender through the extender's admin page. Using a device connected to the extender's network and browse to mywifiext.net and go to the wireless settings to change the SSID (Network name). 

~Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7