× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Range extender (EX 3700) won't connect to router

Hastings
Follower

Range extender (EX 3700) won't connect to router

My Wifi range extender EX 3700 will not connect to my home network. Both the Power and WPS triangles are green but, neither the router or the device are lit. I have tried syncing the extender and router per the instructions of pressing the WPS switch and when the green  trianlge begins blinking i have 2 min to press the WPS switch on my router. When i do this the WPS light on my extender begins blinking but, the router doesnt light up the WPS light. I have tried pressing once, holding it down for 5,10,15,20 seconds and nothing. My home router is a Sagecom Fast 5260 installed by Spectrum/Time warner Cable.

I tried accessing the extender with my computer on WIFI and entering the network password for my router and it is declaring it a MISMATCH. I have multiple other devices on this network and the Password is definetly good.

PS, It would be great if the website had  a direct support number....

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Range extender (EX 3700) won't connect to router

Hi Hastings,

Hard reset the extender and join the NETGEAR_EXT wifi network.  After you connect to it, browse to www.mywifiext.net and follow the setup instructions.

~Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7