× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Range extension and connectivity

Alphil72
Aspirant

Range extension and connectivity

Hi,
I have a netgear range extender which connects to a nighthawk modem in the next office. How can i allow the wifi printer to be seen and operate on both the nighthawk connection and the ext connection?
Message 1 of 6

Re: Range extension and connectivity

@Alphil72 wrote:
Hi,
I have a netgear range extender which connects to a nighthawk modem in the next office.

And their model numbers are?

Message 2 of 6
Alphil72
Aspirant

Hi Michaelkenward,

The extender is Netgear AC750

The modem is Telstra M2 Nighthawk

The printer is Brother MFC-J6530DW

Cheers,

Alex

Message 3 of 6

@Alphil72 wrote:

The extender is Netgear AC750

AC750 is not a Netgear model number. It is a label that Netgear, and others, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds. 

Netgear makes several extenders that do AC750. For example, the EX3700 and EX6100.

@Alphil72 wrote:

The modem is Telstra M2 Nighthawk

That one is a bit easier to decipher, probably the MR210.

It isn't obvious to me that either of these devices supports the printer driver.

You need to connect your printer to a USB port on the extender or router. They will then try to share the printer with wifi devices connected to them.

Message 4 of 6
Alphil72
Aspirant

Thanks, the extender is EX3110 so no USB port, I'll try with the printer with the router, it does have a USB and let you know.

Message 5 of 6

@Alphil72 wrote:

Thanks, the extender is EX3110 so no USB port, I'll try with the printer with the router, it does have a USB and let you know.

Unfortunately, if this is the MR2100, you don't say, I see no suggestion in the manual that it supports a USB printer.

You need a device that supports ReadySHARE Printer.

Have you investigated the printer's support for wireless printing?

With my Canon printer, it is a case of running a printer utility and connecting the printer to the wifi. This puts in the network where other devices can find it.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7