× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re-register/re-set gently used Nighthawk X4 AC2200 (bought from Amazon)

JLHar
Follower

Re-register/re-set gently used Nighthawk X4 AC2200 (bought from Amazon)

Purchased 2 "gently used" (said boxes were damaged but that wasn't true) devices from Amazon.  I have a NetGear account for other devices.  The 2 new devices show up as bizarrely named internet options (1 is rude).  I tried registering the products into my NetGear account but it won't allow me to do so since they're registered under different names/pw's I don't have access to.   I did not steal these, but I'm being treated like I did by NetGear.  The devices were originally registered on 12/25/19 so they're outside the 90-day service window...the website, therefore, throws me into a circle to nowhere without providing any help.  HOW DO I WIPE THESE DEVICES CLEAN AND START OVER WITH "NEW" DEVICES THAT I CAN ADD TO MY EXISTING NETGEAR ACCOUNT AND SET UP TO LOGICALLY CONNECT WITH THE REST OF MY HOUSEHOLD WEB?

Any/all help is appreciated!

Model: EX7300v2|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Re-register/re-set gently used Nighthawk X4 AC2200 (bought from Amazon)

I would start by factory resetting them.

While they're powered on, push and hold the reset button on the side for 7-15 seconds. The lights should change when its been held long enough. 

The manual, troubleshooting, firmware can all be found here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX7300v2.aspx

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7