× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Red Router Link LED after setup

stefanmedia
Follower

Red Router Link LED after setup

I recently bought two EAX12 range extenders. The first unit was successfully (and quite easily) configured for use in my bedroom, which formerly got poor WiFi reception. The internet speed test now shows a very good result (per the Nighthawk app on my iPhone).

The second unit is for my office, and it has issues. At first the Nighthawk app couldn't find the network "NETGEAR_EXT". After rebooting the device, that network name did appear and so I could complete the setup process. However, the Router Link LED remains red; the other LEDs are green. I have reset the unit and rerun the setup process; same result. The Nighthawk app shows it's offline. 

IMG_3969.PNG

My office has an iMac that connects to my router (in the next room) via WiFi but the signal has always been on the weak side, certainly slower than what I am unexpectedly getting in the bedroom.

FYI, a few years ago I purchased a Powerline 1200 with companion EX6120 range extender so the back of the house would get a signal since the router is in the front of the house. 

Any ideas why the second EAX12 keeps showing the red Router Link LED?

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7