× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Red light blinks on and off

BarbRoc
Aspirant

Red light blinks on and off

Extender is connected but the router link led light has been blinking Red on and off. when watching movies with my Firestick it has been freezing. Any suggestions on how to fix? thanks

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Red light blinks on and off

When the router link is red it means poor connection. It should be solid but it might be such a poor connection that its connecting/disconnecting. Try moving it closer to your router. here's the install guide that has led light descriptions.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX6110/EX6110_QSG_EN.pdf

Message 2 of 5
BarbRoc
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. I was thinking that, but it has been working. Not sure if I can get closer, I'll try to. We had some issues where we had to unplug everything (TV, Cable to reset) should I turn the extender on/off ? maybe that'll help? Sorry I'm new at all of this stuff..

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Just unplug it, move it to the new location, and see what your lights do. Again, red is a bad connection. Your goal is a green connection.

How large of an area are you trying to cover?

Message 4 of 5
BarbRoc
Aspirant

Not really sure, maybe 7 ft or so. We have a high ranch house, the router is downstairs and the extender is placed upstairs, basically above the router. Not sure if I have another spot to move it, but I'll have to try. thanks so much for your responses.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7