× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reset Nighthawk AX8

susuni
Aspirant

Reset Nighthawk AX8

Hello everyone,

I needed to reset my nighthawk AX8. Unfortunately, it doesn't let me reconnect my phone, computers to it. I tried many possibilities but I don't see anymore any Netgear_ext network. I tried to link my computer to the AX8 but it doesnt recognize it too. The power button blink and the identification always fail after this,

Do you have any possibilities to create the link between my phone or computer back?

Thanks in advance,

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Reset Nighthawk AX8

Usually slow blinking means its booting up or resetting back to factory. 

How long did you give it to bootup?

If its new, its probably faster to just exchange it versus going through netgear. 

There are ways to try to recover it using tftp/nmrpflash if something was corrupted in it but with it being a day old, I'd go through route of exchanging it versus fixing it

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What actual model do you have? 
AX8 isn't a model number. 

Is it a router? Extender? 

You said the power light is blinking? What color? 

When you reset, did you push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds until the powered changed? 

Message 2 of 7
susuni
Aspirant

Sorry for the inconvenient.

The Model is AX 6000 Wifi Extender. The power led is slowly blinking white and I don't have access to Netgear_ext to update the firmware, unfortunately. Yes, I waited to see the led blinking when I did the reset.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

You mean you have the EAX80? Thats the only AX6000 extender from netgear. (AX6000 is a speed, again, not a model)

Does it change color when its blinking or when you're holding factory reset? 

How old is the device? 

Message 4 of 7
susuni
Aspirant

Yes, it is the EAX80, the power is blinking white slowly.and the router icon is light red.

I just get it today. I had to reset it because it didn't work perfectly. Unfortunately, since the reset it doesn't work at all. I tried to connect it with the cable on my laptop, but  my laptop doesn't detect the extender.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Usually slow blinking means its booting up or resetting back to factory. 

How long did you give it to bootup?

If its new, its probably faster to just exchange it versus going through netgear. 

There are ways to try to recover it using tftp/nmrpflash if something was corrupted in it but with it being a day old, I'd go through route of exchanging it versus fixing it

Message 6 of 7
susuni
Aspirant

Yes, I saw that it means it's booting, but it stays like this for hours. So, I think there is a big problem.

I contacted the support by mail, I will ask them by chat if it's possible to replace it, otherwise I will try to do the tftp method.

Thank you very muich for your fast answers.

Have a nice end of week!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7