× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Turn-Off

Willyou
Tutor

Router Turn-Off

I recently purchased a WNR2000v3. It operates with firmware version 1.1.2.2. Security setting is WPA2-psk (AES). Most of the time we have two laptops and a printer connected (not full time) wirelessly and a desktop hardwired. Generally it works quite well. About a month ago, we had guests who used the wireless connection with our pass phrase (no guest log-in). As soon as they left, we could no longer make a connection. I re-established the connection, reset the pass phrases, and rebooted the router before I could get it working again. All was well until the same guests visited again. During their visit, the connection was dropped, but I was able to re-establish the connection by simply re-booting the router. Before they left, the connection was dropped again. This time I found that the wireless radio had turned off. I turned it back on and it has worked fine since then. I know that my guests have no access to the router or the admin setup pages. Does anyone have any ideas about the cause? Could the number of simultaneous users (3-4 during my guests visit) have anything to do with it? That doesn't seem logical.
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Router Turn-Off

Use paragraph when posting a thread. Usually one will read and ignored 🙂
Message 2 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

WNR2000 is NOT access point device. It is wireless N router

belongs to http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33
Message 3 of 5
Willyou
Tutor

OK. I guess I don't know the difference. I thought that routers were also referred to as access points.
I appreciate you telling me that I posted a question in the wrong place. It would also be helpful if you told me the correct place.
I can't find a forum for WNR2000. The closest is WNR2500. Is that where I should put it? Why so many closely related forums?
Message 4 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Just gave the URL post there
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements