× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router and Client Link LEDs are lit, but the extender network does not exist

JamesBern
Follower

Router and Client Link LEDs are lit, but the extender network does not exist

I just set up my Nighthawk X4 extender using a WPS connection to my home wifi. The Router Link LED lit up to indicate a connection was established. I removed my extender from the room with the router and moved it to a location halfway between the router and the deadzone. When I plugged it in, all 4 LED lights lit up -- the WPS, power, router link, and client link LEDs.

However, when I look at the list of available Wifi networks on my phone and computer, NONE of them say HomeNetworkName_2GEXT or HomeNetworkName_5GEXT. This made me confused as to why the Client Link LED is lit up, considering none of my devices are connected to the "Network_#EXT" wifi that is supposed to pop up when a succesful connection has been made. All my devices are still connected to the original, non-extended wifi network. Does anyone know why no "Network_#EXT" is being detected by my devices? And, does anyone know why the client led light is lit up? Thank you in advance. 

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7