× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router connection issues with EX3700

sls22
Follower

Router connection issues with EX3700

I have been trying to reset my netgear ex3700 wifi extender.  I have reset the factory settings, set up the extender, updated the firmware on the extender and it keeps dropping the router.  I think it is may be tied to two odd things that happen but I don't have enough knowledge on how to correct.  The first is I go through the whole set up and confirm my device is connected to wifi through the extender by pulling up a browser and searching.  When I go back to the setup wizard to click the box and confirm it is connected, it pulls up a web page with my IP address and tells me it cannot reach the server.  The second is when I do try to connect to the exteded wifi network, it tells me the password is incorrect and I have re-enter my network password even though it was accepted during set up.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Router connection issues with EX3700

Hi @sls22, you can try accessing the web UI of the extender using the IP address assigned by your router. Once you are able to access the web UI of the extender, you can then confirm if the password is correct or change it to something else.

Dexter

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7