× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Seamless Roaming between access points

eyal27ny
Follower

Seamless Roaming between access points

Hello.

I have two AC1900 EX6400 set as Access points between second floor and a basement (Wired connected via Moca 2.0)

I don't think I get Zero roaming as the connection to the access point stays with the initial Access point.

I also have the G1100 Fios Quantum as the Cable Modem + wireless Router, but I could turn that off.

Is my current ex6400 supports zero handoff (Roaming), if yes then could it be that I need to play with the signal strength?

If no, then which devices I need to use as access points to achieve the zero handoff.

The devices needs the zero handoff are iPhones

Model: EX6400|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Seamless Roaming between access points

Hello eyal27ny

The EX6400 does not have the option to hand off the devices to the strongest wifi signal it will only do this when the device has completely dropped the signal from the extender.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Seamless Roaming between access points

Hello eyal27ny

The EX6400 does not have the option to hand off the devices to the strongest wifi signal it will only do this when the device has completely dropped the signal from the extender.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7