× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Second EX2700 range extender keeps dropping connection

johncross85
Follower

Second EX2700 range extender keeps dropping connection

I have been using an EX2700 wifi range extender for some time and it has worked exactly as expected. I recently moved to a new home and even with the existing range extender there was still an area with no wifi so I bought a second EX2700...

I connected up the second EX2700, setting the SSID to name_ext2 to avoid clashing with the first range extender. The installation seemed to go okay and I could connect through the new extender but now that I have been using for a while I am finding that the connection keeps dropping for a minute or so.

I looked in the EX2700 settings and everything seemed okay. I then looked in my main router's settings and noticed that both EX2700 were appearing with the same name and that the new EX2700 did not appear to have an IP assigned. I assumed that the router was getting confused and passing the same IP between both extenders so I changed the names so that they were no longer identical and reserved an IP for both extender. Then in the settings for each extender I set them to use a specific IP, matching the one that had been reserved on the router.

I saved everything then did a full restart of everything. At first it seemed to work but soon the same problem started occurring again - the second extender keeps disconnecting for a minute or so at a time.

I've done the usual firmware updates etc.

Any ideas what else I shoudl try??

------

Edit - more info!

I just noticed that in the router's control panel the host name is "EX2700" for the original extender but is blank for the second extender. Can I set these in mywifiext?

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7