× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Set up - N300 WiFi Range Extender

Samuelbrody
Aspirant

Set up - N300 WiFi Range Extender

Hi guys, apologies if I am missing something key or obvious.
First of all, I have set this up before and it worked well, however now, for some reason the Ethernet cable does not work and I cannot connect via any device to the extender.
I have attempted to reset, and to set up via WPS and to do it online too however whenever I try set up online the website tells me I am not connected to the Extender’s WiFi, even though I am?
I am having NO luck, and I am clueless as to why it is no longer working, any help would be very helpful! 🙂

Many thanks,

Samuel
Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Set up - N300 WiFi Range Extender

When its plugged in, what are the lights doing? 

Are you able to access it when you hardwire a pc to it? 

Message 2 of 8
Samuelbrody
Aspirant

So when it’s plugged in all the lights are on, all green, as expected if it was working!
I haven’t tried using a PC as of yet, as the only device I own is a work laptop, would you recommend that? With the Ethernet cable plugged in to my PS4, it still wasn’t working!
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

It might need to be re-installed using the manual method. 

It tends to go better connecting to it via ethernet for setup. Your work laptop would work fine

Message 4 of 8
Samuelbrody
Aspirant

OK perfect I will give that a go and get back to the thread with an update.
Is there a guide on manual set up available on this website?
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

the support site, the 2nd video walks you through it. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/ex2700

Message 6 of 8
Samuelbrody
Aspirant

OK so I plugged in the Ethernet cable to the extender and my laptop, I have recently moved properties so it shows up as a wired connection as (My previous internet) with EX2 on the end, and also the one I have been using for a little while at this property shows up via WIFI but provides no connection.

Therefore obviously I cannot progress and sign in on the website given to sign in (for some reason I’m not permitted to type the website out?) on the laptop as I cannot connect to any WIFI associated with the extender.

Any advice on this?
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

again, factory reset it and then reinstall it using the hardwired in device. 

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7