× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Setting Up Temporary Passwords?

OpenCircles
Follower

Setting Up Temporary Passwords?

Is there a way to set up a temporary word?  I work out in the middle of a national forest and use a Wifi extender to get wifi on a wider range of my land. I have a  lot of people who come on and off the property and they often ask to use the wifi during their stay. I would like to allow them to but can only allow so many people to be connected at the same time. Is there a way I can set up a  separate password from the one I use that would bump everyone off every so many hours? This way everyone gets a better chance of using it. What ends up happening now is the people who have the password are always connected and no one new gets the chance to connect unless they ask someone else to disconnect. It would be convenient if when some logged on (other than myself)  it would give them 10 -16 hours of use before they would be disconnected and someone else gets the chance to log on. Thanks

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Setting Up Temporary Passwords?

Hello OpenCircles 

You would have to look into business hardware for that type of settings.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7