× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Setting Up Wireless Extender Model EX6200 to FiOS Router; am confused

Mattchao
Aspirant

Setting Up Wireless Extender Model EX6200 to FiOS Router; am confused

I've been looking at the instructions for setting up the EX6200 to run with my FiOS modem/router.  Do I need to physically connect the router to the range extender via an ethernet cable, or do I get in there wirelessly.  Please advise.  Thanks.--Matthew Chao

Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Mattchao

You can do either way but if you do it wireless I suggest setting it up in the same room as the router then after setup move it to where you need it.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
Mattchao
Aspirant

Hi, Darrenm.  Thanks for the advice.  If I set up the extender with the ethernet cable, do I need to run two cables, one from the router to the extender, and one to the PC or laptop?  Put another  way, when I hardware the router to the extender, what do I do next?  Thanks.--Matt.  P.S.  I'm totally blind and use a talking computer to both read the pdf files and connect the wireless extender, hence, all my questions.

Message 3 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello matt

You will want to have a Pc on the network and then go to www.mywifext.net it should ask you for a login and you want to use admin for the username and password for the password. There it should start the setup wizard and walk through the setup. If you are doing the wireless setup you will want to either connect the PC via ethernet to the extender or connect to the wifi of the extender with the default password it came with. 

DarrenM

Message 4 of 7
juliojmz
Aspirant

Message 5 of 7
juliojmz
Aspirant

Hey Darren, once you do the set up and get the screen that says it has succesfully connected, do i then connect my xbox to my modem or the new netgear extender?

Message 6 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello juliojmz

You will want to connect your xbox to the stronger signal.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7