× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Setting WNDR2000v2 up as Wireless Bridge

sethfeinberg
Aspirant

Setting WNDR2000v2 up as Wireless Bridge

I currently have a WNDR3700 as my main router/base station and a WN802Tv2 hard-wired w/ ethernet acting as a wireless bridge (not strictly the repeater function). I just purchased a WNDR2000v2 and would like to set it up the same way as my WN802Tv2 but I can't seem to figure out how to set up Wireless Bridging with it. I don't want to set up Wireless Repeating because its also hardwired and I'd like to avoid using WEP security. Obviously I'm pretty familiar with the Netgear GUI but just can't seem to find the option I want.

Also its defaulted to the same internal IP address as my WNDR3700 (192.168.1.1) which is an annoyance. Could someone also enlighten me as to how I change that IP address in the GUI?

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Message 2 of 9
sethfeinberg
Aspirant

Thank you so much for the link, I was prepared to write back in with my success but I can't even seem to get past the first step. Going to Start->Run and typing in http://www.routerlogin.com/CA_HiddenPage.htm does not bring up anything in the browser it opens on any of my PC's (nor does going to http://192.168.1.1/CA_HiddenPage.htm). I tried inputting both urls directly into my browser and still no go. If I drop the CA_HiddenPage.htm it still takes me to the GUI for my WNDR3700. I then plugged the WNR2000v2 directly into a PC, turned off that PC's Wifi and tried to navigate to 192.168.1.1 and still no dice.

If I plug an ethernet cable into the router (I know the instructions specifically dictate i not do this, but I'm trying ANYTHING at this point). I can see an unlocked NETGEAR SSID in my local wifi networks but when I connect to it and then navigate to both url's (192.168.1.1 and routerlogin.com and both with the "hidden-page" extensions) I STILL can't access the GUI.

And now after I've unplugged everything from the WNR2000v2 and try to get back into the 192.168.1.1 it brings up the website layout of the gui but all the panes are filled with one line: "This tool is being controlled by 192.168.1.23". This happens to be the first open IP address in my network (192.168.1.1-22 are all statically assigned to various devices). I refreshed, then the site makes me input my username and password two times and then the browser says the website might be temporarily down or permanently moved location. I get this error for about 10 minutes before everything is back to normal.

Obviously this is all due to the WNR2000v2 occupying the same internal IP address as my WNDR3700, an issue the first line of that documentation you linked to is obviously meant to address but I just can't seem to fix it. I know this much be a trivial issue that has been answered 1000 times before but I just can't seem to find it on here. any additional help to simply change the IP address of my WNR2000v2 would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks again!
Message 3 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Message 4 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Wnr200 is NOT access point device. It is wireless N router. And belongs to http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33
Message 5 of 9
sethfeinberg
Aspirant

OK thanks for the extra information. I had actually just gotten my internet back up when I saw your email.

I unplugged the router and the WN802T then plugged my laptop directly into the WNR2000T and was able to get into the WNR2000T's GUI by typing www.routerlogin.com into my browser. I made all the changes including the IP address to 192.168.1.234 and the SSID to the same SSID as my current one as well as the security/password to that of my current set up. But any time I plug my WNDR3700 back in I can no longer log into 192.168.1.234. Wifi Analyzer (the android App I use) can see the access point as up and running but can't access it through the ip address. I reran the set up (unplugged the WNDR3700 and WN802T) and then plugged the WN2000Tv2 directly into my laptop and again went to www.routerlogin.com and it again (it did this the first time) said "to avoid conflict, we've changed the IP address to 10.0.0.1" (I'm paraphrasing). So it seems that whenever I plug the WNDR3700 some sort of conflict presents itself and the WN2000Tv2 changes its IP address. Can't figure that out, but I will move this discussion to the forum you linked to. Thanks for your help so far.
Message 6 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Too many model numbers .

If you follow PDF file it should work.
Message 7 of 9
sethfeinberg
Aspirant

I ran through all the steps again and it again lost the new IP configuration. Then I noticed something about NEVER using the ethernet port anymore on the Access point. I didn't use it during setup but after everything was set up I plugged the ethernet cable into the ethernet port, thinking that was the only port that could "feed" the access point ethernet. Well in any event, it seems to be working now, so hopefully my boneheadedness helps someone else...
Message 8 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Good... enjoy

🙂
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements