× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Setting country code on EX6150

glemme
Aspirant

Setting country code on EX6150

I am setting up my EX6150 and one thing that annoys me is that I cannot set a country code on the device. It has now defaulted to FR and I am not located in France.

This might seem like a small issue but since Apple products checks the wifi country code to say what country it thinks you are in when you set them up and I do a lot of testing it is constantly thinking I am in France.

So, anywhere I can change it?

Message 1 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello glemme

you should be able to change it on the wireless settings page on the extender. Is the box greyed out? have you tried a different web browser?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 9
MrCranky
Aspirant

The settings page, for firmware revision V1.0.0.16_1.0.58 at least, has no such setting, or check box to be greyed out. It lets you pick 'Europe' or other regions, but does not let you choose UK vs FR, almost as if it's deliberately picked a random country in Europe and is using that. Is there no way to be more specific about country?

Message 3 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello MrCranky

Is the setting being set to Europe causing some type of issue?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 9
MrCranky
Aspirant

Well as the original poster commented, Apple products complain about the country mismatch. When testing connectivity issues with  my main network (which I am having, but which I don't believe are country-code related), it is throwing up complaints about country code mismatches in the report, because the EX6150 happens to be the first network it finds, and from there on it thinks that all other networks should be FR, and raises a bunch of errors because every other network around here is UK. To avoid these complaints and stop them obscuring the test results, I have to turn off the EX6150 while testing. 

Message 5 of 9
storm1985
Prodigy

@glemme did you purchase this unit from France? it must be the HW SKU which is defaulted to FR region.

Message 6 of 9
glemme
Aspirant

@storm1985 no, bought in sweden. I put it back in a box and not using it anymore since I couldn't get this to work. Bought another solution instead.

Message 7 of 9
MrCranky
Aspirant

Mine was bought from Amazon in the UK; no suggestion in any of the packaging or documentation that it was a French SKU.

Message 8 of 9
AnnoyedR
Aspirant

Did anyone find a way to fix this? I have exactly the same problem, bought the router in a shop in the UK, and can't seem to change the country code, so I am having endless connectivity problems. It seems poor practice to sell them without saying that they will default to France with no way to change the code.

Its an AC750 / EX 3700, which isn't even showing up on the list of models

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7