× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Simply Awful Service

Ironmonger
Tutor

Simply Awful Service

IF YOU’RE THINKING ABOUT BUYING A NETGEAR PRODUCT, DON’T BUY IT BEFORE YOU READ THIS.

I cannot stress just how bad the customer service I have experienced is.

Cases have been closed without any update or resolution.

A refund for the cost of replacing the original device, as promised at the time of arranging the replacement, is still outstanding and unpaid.

Repeated attempts to resolve issues with replacement device, which is also defective, have failed, yet the multiple assurances of another replacement have repeatedly gone unfulfilled.

Over 8 hours on the phone has resulted in nothing more than a loss of an entire day’s pay for me.

Two emails to the customer services address to raise a formal complaint are as yet unanswered.

An attempt from the support team to push me into buying an additional support package, on top of the extended warranty I already bought, and a complete lack of clarity over what the extended warranty actually covered. After much, much time it transpired the additional support was absolutely nothing to do with the warranty and completely unnecessary for my device.

And I still have a extender that destroys my WiFi network whenever it’s switched on.

IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING A NETGEAR PRODUCT, BE ADVISED THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE LESS THAN NO SUPPORT IF IT IS DEFECTIVE OR FAULTY, BUT YOU WILL BE CHARGED TO REPLACE IT AND YOU WILL LOSE DAYS IF YOUR LIFE TRYING TO GET YOU MONEY BACK AND TRYING TO GET THE DEVICE TO ACTUALLY WORK AS SOLD.

NETGEAR HAS LITERALLY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU COUKD POSSIBLY IMAGINE.

Message 1 of 2
Initiate

Re: Simply Awful Service

Ironmonger, 

Thanks for posting the account of your experience.  I had always believed that Netgear was one of the best companies, and I hope that they will be in the near future.  I am fairly new to their product line, but I have had a couple of their products work well for me in the past, and I did eventually buy a couple more items.  I used to work in retail, and the idea of great customer service cannot be over emphasized.  People will choose to purchase elsewhere if they are made to feel unwelcome by the store's personnel.  I am currently trying to correspond with somebody here in regards to a new Aircard 797, ATT Unite Express, which I have purchased from an Ebay vendor and should be arriving this week.  An unlock code is to be proviced, however, I will be inserting a Cricket mobile sim card from my spare cell phone into the Aircard in an effort to provide a home wifi connection to my computers and printers.  I want to use this as an alternative to using a cable wifi modem. 

@Ironmonger wrote:
IF YOU’RE THINKING ABOUT BUYING A NETGEAR PRODUCT, DON’T BUY IT BEFORE YOU READ THIS.

I cannot stress just how bad the customer service I have experienced is.

Cases have been closed without any update or resolution.

A refund for the cost of replacing the original device, as promised at the time of arranging the replacement, is still outstanding and unpaid.

Repeated attempts to resolve issues with replacement device, which is also defective, have failed, yet the multiple assurances of another replacement have repeatedly gone unfulfilled.

Over 8 hours on the phone has resulted in nothing more than a loss of an entire day’s pay for me.

Two emails to the customer services address to raise a formal complaint are as yet unanswered.

An attempt from the support team to push me into buying an additional support package, on top of the extended warranty I already bought, and a complete lack of clarity over what the extended warranty actually covered. After much, much time it transpired the additional support was absolutely nothing to do with the warranty and completely unnecessary for my device.

And I still have a extender that destroys my WiFi network whenever it’s switched on.

IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING A NETGEAR PRODUCT, BE ADVISED THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE LESS THAN NO SUPPORT IF IT IS DEFECTIVE OR FAULTY, BUT YOU WILL BE CHARGED TO REPLACE IT AND YOU WILL LOSE DAYS IF YOUR LIFE TRYING TO GET YOU MONEY BACK AND TRYING TO GET THE DEVICE TO ACTUALLY WORK AS SOLD.

NETGEAR HAS LITERALLY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU COUKD POSSIBLY IMAGINE.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7