× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Smartwizard download

golfgod
Follower

Smartwizard download

Anybody know where I can download Smartwizard?
Message 1 of 10
fordem
Mentor

Re: Smartwizard download

It's usually available from the support page for whatever device you need it for.
Message 2 of 10
CMUK
Aspirant

fordem wrote:
It's usually available from the support page for whatever device you need it for.

I need this too - and Netgear have seemingly reduced their support even further to not let you download it. I have version 2.05.05 *BUT* need version 2.05.03 to do the initial firmware install for my FS726T - then the (suppied with product) version I have should be ok to bring it up to the latest version, fingers crossed.

SO

anyone know where this is downloadable from ? :confused:
Message 3 of 10
Jak
Aspirant
Aspirant

@golfgod

If you post I model number, we may beable to guide you directly to the download you require, otherwise, you can simply browse thru the downloads on Netgear's support site.

See: http://kbserver.netgear.com/downloads_support.asp
Message 4 of 10
mschbrem
Aspirant

Jak wrote:
@golfgod

If you post I model number, we may beable to guide you directly to the download you require, otherwise, you can simply browse thru the downloads on Netgear's support site.

See: http://kbserver.netgear.com/downloads_support.asp

I have the opposite problem: I have the SmartWizard Version 2.05.03, but need the Version 2.05.05!

Can anyone post a link to/email me the installation file for the Version 2.05.05, please?

And, yes, I have searched the web, this site, this forum and even eMule... 😞

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP!!!
Message 5 of 10
fordem
Mentor

Look at the support pages for the other Smart Switches - it's available on some one of them - I don't recall which.
Message 6 of 10
antmuzic
Aspirant

I realize it's 4 years later, but I faced the same issue of needing the older smart wizard to upgrade a FS726 that had never been upgraded.

So you can't find a download to Smartwizard anywhere on the support site, and even when you manage to find it, you can't find version 2.05.03 which is needed in the circumstance. Fine bit of work there.

The older Smartwizard is located here: http://support.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/358/~/fs526t-software-revision-2.05.03
Message 7 of 10
mikep1985
Aspirant

i have the same probem.. i bought a refurbished DGN 2000 that came without the installation CD. i cannot for the life of me find the smartwizard download link. am i supposed to throw the router in the trash and buy a new one? really? i am losing my mind here, theres upgrades and firmware galore on here but no activation software!! what use is an upgrade without the activation first??:mad:
Message 8 of 10
fordem
Mentor

Mike - two things ...

First - you don't need the SmartWizard to install or upgrade your router.
Second - shouldn't you be taking your gripe to the vendor of the refurbished product?
Message 9 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

mikep1985 wrote:
i have the same probem.. i bought a refurbished DGN 2000 that came without the installation CD. i cannot for the life of me find the smartwizard download link. am i supposed to throw the router in the trash and buy a new one? really? i am losing my mind here, theres upgrades and firmware galore on here but no activation software!! what use is an upgrade without the activation first??:mad:

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=19304]

refurbish is NOT handle by Netgear and only by the third party with VERY limited warranty. return and buy NEW one
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7