× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sorry,your timestamp is expired - SOLVED on Chrome

aolney
Aspirant

Sorry,your timestamp is expired - SOLVED on Chrome

Saw others having this problem, but I guess I don't have the status to reply.

The problem is with the timestamp. When you try to log into the extender admin page, hit F12 on your browser to see the page source (Elements tab after you hit F12).

The form has a timestamp in the action field. Double click that field and delete the entire timestamp portion, e.g. timestamp=12345678. Leave the rest of the field alone. Then type into the form as directed.

It appears that if you delete the timestamp field from the form, whatever check is happening on the extender involving the timestamp is skipped.

Overall the work around is annoying, but it works.

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 11

Re: Sorry,your timestamp is expired - SOLVED on Chrome

Whatever that time stamp error is, or was, I can now  only get to the Setup new extender page instead of the login page! How do you fix that?

Message 2 of 11
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi SteveCampsOut1,

Thank you for reaching out. May we know if this is a new wireless extender? What is the model number? Have you tried contacting our support team over the phone? Have you been able to complete the setup process before? What is the model of your extender?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 3 of 11

No, it's an old extender and it's been setup and is working I was just trying to update the fireware and got the timestamp message and no update. It's still working but now I'm completely locked out of it. I'm not going to mess with it as long as my network is still extended. It's the WN3000v3. I've had it for at least 5 year if not longer. (I'm old I forget). The solution posted above doesn't work in Firefox.

Message 4 of 11
aolney
Aspirant

I'd completely power it down (unplug 60 seconds) and plug it back in. If that doesn't work, you could try reseting it.

Message 5 of 11
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@aolney

Does the issue also happen when you are connected to the main router instead of the extender network?

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 6 of 11
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@SteveCampsOut1,

You may try using a different web browser for isolation if it really bothers you a lot. We may need to dig deeper because it seems that this might be an issue with the script on a web browser or maybe on the certificate which we need to do properly isolation. Try other devices like the web browser on your phone would also be a good way to isolate the issue.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 7 of 11

As I already stated, the extended router is still working, I just wanted to update the firmware. It has been unplugged and plugged back in already. I'm not going to reset it and risk loosing the use of it entirely just for a firmware udate that may or may not even exist for it.

Message 8 of 11

Honestly, I hadn't even consideed trying my phone or tablet. I might give it a shot but currently the timestamp error exists in all three of my laptop browsers. Firefox, Chrome and Edge.

Message 9 of 11

Also,  I'm getting the New Extender Setup  page when I try logging in even though the extender is already set up. When I try going through setting it up again it then says Timestamp expired. I just tried it on my phone with the built in Samsung browser and still get the timestamp message after entering every field in the new setup menu.

Message 10 of 11
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi SteveCampsOut1,

Thank you for the information. What we can only do right now is to reset the extender itself and try to set it up again and see if we can update the firmware.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7