× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sudden problem with wifi Repeater N300

abelclo
Aspirant

Sudden problem with wifi Repeater N300

Hello, 

I am looking for some help as my repeater (all of a sudden) has decided not to connect himself to the wifi anymore. even though the wifi works perfectly. I keep reseting the repeater, but as soon as I create an extended network, nothing works. And the network genie page keep showing up on my screen. I have done it at least a dozen times and nothing changes. 

I don't thing it is a problem with the wifi router itself (with WPA or WPA2 settings) as it was working perfectly fine before and still works now. However it does not connect to my repeater. 

Does anyone could help me solve this problem ? 

Thank you for your help in advance, 

Kind Regards, Clothilde

Message 1 of 4
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Sudden problem with wifi Repeater N300

What is the model number of your repeater please, e.g. EX7000?

If you log into the repeater Admin pages does the repeater give you information on the base-station signal strength?

Message 2 of 4
abelclo
Aspirant

Hello Andy, 

Thank you for the quick reply. Here is the model of my repeater number: WN3000RPv3. Here is what I managed to find regarding the base-station signal strength: it says that it is at 100%. 

I have tried everything: unplug the wifi based-station, reset the repeater. It also keeps telling that I am not close enough with the wifi base even though i have plugged the repeater and the wifi base on the same plug ... 

Message 3 of 4
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What is the brand and model number of the router please? You mentioned WiFi encryption and that it should not need to change because it was working, but maybe you could give that a try anyway, maybe use no encryption briefly as a test. Also, have you tried changing the wireless channel?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7