× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Superb AC2200 WiFi Mesh Extender

Badhala
Initiate

Superb AC2200 WiFi Mesh Extender

We live in a rural setting and connectivity is vital given our location. We rely heavily on mobile broadband as 5G is not available in my region, so we have to settle for 4G at present. We have a Netgear RAX80 Router positioned in our living room at the front of the house and the AC2200 WiFi Mesh Extender in one of the back bedrooms to transfer wifi connection to the back patio and our shed at the rear of the house.

To my amazement, I was blown away when I found that the AC2200 gave me ultimate connectivity with over 70+Mbps on consecutive speed test with over more than 35 metres from the extender. Without the AC2200 I was struggling to even get a connection at that distance. The missus and I are ecstatic about the connection and constant speed levels to our connected deivces. Now we are both able to enjoy the luxury of WiFi in the back yard without hovering closer to the house trying to get a connection. Excellent complimentary device for any router and highly recommended!!! :))))

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Glad you posted this! the forum is where you always see issues so its great once in a while when someone posts about how well it works for them. 

Message 2 of 3
Badhala
Initiate

Yeah I noticed that there are quite a lot of negative reviews and experiences by other Netgear customers, but as a new customer and member of the Netgear community I have not had any issues that could not be resolved as yet by myself without contacting support or the community.  I understand that a lot of people may not be tech-savvy and are confronted with some minor issues that can be easily resolved by the user themselves. Thankfully that is why the Netgear community is very useful for troubleshooting the simplest problems and some major technical issues without having to contact Netgear support. I'm also here to help other customers likewise. I'm happy as for the time being and hopefully it stays that way!!! 😁

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7