× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

TWO WAC104s - AUTO Channel question

Jabba99
Aspirant

TWO WAC104s - AUTO Channel question

Hi, I own two WAC104 access points. I let them both default to "AUTO" channel on both 2.4 and 5ghz. I notice that they BOTH chose 2.4ghz Channel 10 "Auto (10(P)+6(S))" and they BOTH chose 5ghz channels "Auto (P(36)+S(40)+S(44)+S(48))". I have read many articles that say it is usually best to select two different channels so they don't interfere with each other. I do have these on the same SSID and the same network password, the idea is to have seamless roaming around my house. So I'm just curious, are all the internet articles correct in saying that I should use different channels (they why is the AUTO setting choosing identical channels) or are these devices noticing that they are just "extensions" of one another and purposely selecting the same channels? I just want to know what is the right channel configuration for my scenario. I hope I've provided all the relevant info. Thanks.

Model: WAC104|Dual Band 802.11ac 
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7