× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The worst support ever

bburton56
Follower

The worst support ever

first in my opinion, if you have your receipt, return you netgear equipment and get another brand. Belkin is popular.

i have been trying to set up a router, an extender and 3 access points. i started about 2.5 weeks ago and all i have got is story after story from netgear tech support. all they do is ask me my name, case #, email, and zipcode, after that i am usually transferred to another operator who starts the process all over again. i have made 36 calls so far and i am getting no where. i can connect up but i have intermittent connection issues.

first they had me set it up using different ssid's for each access point and using the WEP encryption. that still had the same result. it connects then drops off after 20 mins to 2 hours. Next they had me set the ssid's all the same with wpa encryption, again the same thing.

i cant believe that it is this hard. what a joke. why do they market this stuff if it is not market ready. i dont claim to be a networking expert, but i support my family and friends and have set up 50+ wireless networks of all sizes and have never had this kind of issue. My sisters house is across town and every few days i have to drive back and spend hours on the phone with tech support getting the run around.

HELP
Message 1 of 2
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: The worst support ever

extender section has correct section

http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140

forum is user to use base so while you can share your rant, there is much you will find unless you want to post an issues to what you need a help from other users
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7