× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

This serial number is already registered to another customer. <Refurbishing hardware out of e-waste!

Solarsails
Aspirant

This serial number is already registered to another customer. <Refurbishing hardware out of e-waste!

I purchase faulty electronic equipment and refurbish or scavange it for parts. The item that  I am trying to contact support about is a Netgear Wireless Network Extender, model WN3000RPv3. The original customer fiddled around with it until they "bricked" the item. They returned it to the store that they prurchased it from and then it wound up being sold to me as a useless item. I unbricked the item, I can unbrick or repair any electronic item on planet Earth, and want to sell it to another end user in order to keep the device out of the e-waste stream. HOWEVER, the device will ultimatly lead the user to a menu option that "forces" the user to register the device. When the user attempts to register this extender they will encounter an error that advises them that the device is already registered. I have about ten netgear devices in different levels of disrepair and I need a way around this problem or else I'm simply going to have to avoid repairing netgear products and they are going to stay in the e-waste stream. Some of these products are for sale in a local walmart for hundreds of dollars.  I can't sell an item to another end user if it is going to show on netgears website that it is already owned and registered by someone else.

Please advise me how to "UNREGISTER" or release these devices from a registered state so that I can refurbish them and place them back into service. Thank you.

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: This serial number is already registered to another customer. <Refurbishing hardware out of e

You'll need to contact NG support for help with this. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Solarsails
Aspirant

Re: This serial number is already registered to another customer. <Refurbishing hardware out of e

Wow, just wow.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG support for help with this. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7