× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Tons of problems with netgear wn3000rp

mdwright1032
Aspirant

Tons of problems with netgear wn3000rp

I purchased this from amazon and have had nothing but trouble. I follow the directions and it seems the extender does not issue my devices an ip. When I look at the status of the extender it says my gateway and dns are 0.0.0.0

My equipment: Netgear wvr614v7 router
Extender Wn3000rp

I follow the directions for manual installation because my router does not support the automatic function.

I go through the wizard and everything is good until the last step. It tells me I am not connected to the extender and to move it closer. It's like 2 feet away so thats not the problem.

I click finish and the router is connected to my network but not the internet. It has it's ip but the gateway shows up as 0.0.0.0 I'm lost

any hepl?
Message 1 of 9
mdwright1032
Aspirant

Update:

After trying for like 7 hours I finally got this thing working.

I did a hard reset on my netgear wvr314v9 router.

Changed my network name and (SSID) and security back to what I had them before the reset,

Hard reseted the wn3000rb

Went through through the smart wizard again and this time it worked.

I don't know why because my router was standard settings before the reset but I for some reason I had to reset my router for this to work.

It's working now so I'll keep you updated
Message 2 of 9
mdwright1032
Aspirant

Update 2:

I just found out the setting that may have been the problem.

My netgear wvr614v9 router has a setting that allows you to use either b and g bands or just g bands.

When I selet the g band only the router disconnects. When I select b and g it reconnects and still has g internet/network speeds. Strange.
Message 3 of 9
EXTENDER
Aspirant

I KEEP GETTING THIS BELOW --------

Move Extender closer to your existing router or gateway.

The selected network is no longer available. Please make sure the existing network equipment is within the proximity of the Extender.

If you have Access Control List (ACL) enabled in your router, please make sure you have added below MAC address into your router's Access Control List (ACL).

The Extender MAC address is 20:4E:7F:9A:F1:BE
Your wireless adapter MAC address is 02:1B:2F:BB:45:E5

I'm being told to send back both extenders I bought new and NETGEAR techs told me something is wrong with them....I'm still not convinved...
Message 4 of 9
EXTENDER
Aspirant

Fixed but thanks for no replies. I guess no one is as smart as me haha...
Message 5 of 9
Smartdresser
Aspirant

I just bought the WN3000RP and thinking there may be a problem before I install. In my home, all my neighbors have wirless. How can I pick MY WIRELESS, and not theirs.
Message 6 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Smartdresser wrote:
I just bought the WN3000RP and thinking there may be a problem before I install. In my home, all my neighbors have wirless. How can I pick MY WIRELESS, and not theirs.

???

Not sure what you mean. Find your own SSID and connect.
Message 7 of 9
BroMark
Aspirant

mdwright1032 wrote:
Update 2:

I just found out the setting that may have been the problem.

My netgear wvr614v9 router has a setting that allows you to use either b and g bands or just g bands.

When I selet the g band only the router disconnects. When I select b and g it reconnects and still has g internet/network speeds. Strange.

Thank you for bringing that. Appreciate it.
Message 8 of 9
barrymac
Aspirant

EXTENDER wrote:
Fixed but thanks for no replies. I guess no one is as smart as me haha...

How did you fix this? Just got one today and getting the same issue as you...:o
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7