× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble Connecting WN1000RP to Wireless-N150 ADSL2+Modem Router DGN1000

ArchiMark
Aspirant

Trouble Connecting WN1000RP to Wireless-N150 ADSL2+Modem Router DGN1000

Just got the WN1000RP today to use in my house to extend wifi reception upstairs in bedroom, so, that we can use a new iPad there with good reception.

This is to connect to my wifi network that uses the NetGear Wireless-N150 ADSL2+Modem Router DGN1000.

I already setup the WPA-PSK password on the network and network works well.

However, when I try connecting the WN1000RP to the network following Option 1 in the instruction booklet, by using the WPS feature on both devices, I see the network name NETGEAR_EXT instead of what the instructions say I should see which is my existing network name plus EXT at the end such as MarksNet_EXT, for example.

I've tried pushing the WPS button on the WN1000RP, watching the green lights blink, then go to the Router and press the WPS button on it, and then go to my iPad to see what it shows in the wireless network list.

I can 'connect to the NETGEAR_EXT network shown, but then it takes me to a blank screen and then a Apple.com log-in window pops up and asks for username and password....that doesn't seem right, either...and when I tried my Apple log-in info, it rejects it as incorrect....

I then tried Option 2 in the instructions and using my MacBook laptop and connecting with web browser...but it didn't take me to the setup page and when I typed in www.mywifiext.net in the browser, it took me to the NetGear support page....

Seems like there must be something, probably a simple step I'm missing here....but obviously, in the end, important in order to get this working.

Tried moving WN1000RP to another outlet closer to Router but no change...

Also, wonder if there's some issue with WPS on the Router as when I click the button, nothing lights up there light with the other items on the front panel that have a little green dot light under them lit up....

So, any suggestions?

Appreciate it!!!

Thanks,

Mark
Message 1 of 3
Ephone
Tutor

Re: Trouble Connecting WN1000RP to Wireless-N150 ADSL2+Modem Router DGN1000

I suggest you to reset the extender and re-do the option 2 again.

1. Press the reset button until the power LED blinks.
2. After the extender reboots, connect your Mac Pro to NETGEAR_EXT.
3. Go to System Preference > Network and check if it get a proper IP address (should be 192.168.1.x)
4. Open safari, then you should be re-directed to WN1000RP's web GUI page. If not, try http://www.mywifiext.net or http://192.168.1.250.
Message 2 of 3
ArchiMark
Aspirant

Re: Trouble Connecting WN1000RP to Wireless-N150 ADSL2+Modem Router DGN1000

THANKS for your help, Ephone!

Tried what you suggested and it worked!

Only thing now is that iPad seems to connect to some websites quickly and some sites very slowly....so, not sure if that's iPad or extender location....suppose can check on which by not using extender and connecting via the router and seeing if I have same issues...
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7