× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble connecting iPad and Mac Mini to WN2000RPT

Eliza
Aspirant

Trouble connecting iPad and Mac Mini to WN2000RPT

I have an existing home WiFi network running off a Linksys Router, I connected a Netgear WN2000RPT extender to the network, got it up and running fine, and was able to connect my Toshiba laptop to the Internet through the extender, no problem. Neither the iPad nor the MacMini will connect to the extender, however. In both cases, the devices see the extender, but I get the error message "unable to connect to network" when I input the password. I tried first with existing WEP security, then switched the wireless security to WPA-2 personal, got the same error on both devices with both kinds of security. Further details: I am using the same password on botht MYNETWORK and MYNETWORK_EXT. Both the iPad and the Mac Mini connect to the Internet with no problem through the existing main MYNETWORK.

I gather I am not the only one with this problem with Apple devices. One suggestion I saw was to add $ before the password, that didn't work.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Trouble connecting iPad and Mac Mini to WN2000RPT

I am using the same password on botht MYNETWORK and MYNETWORK_EXT.

two different SSID name so same pass phrase should not cause the issues.

did you WPA?

WEP are not favorable encryption to use anymore so would avoid and also hackable as well 🙂
Message 2 of 3
Eliza
Aspirant

Re: Trouble connecting iPad and Mac Mini to WN2000RPT

Thank you for your response. I am no longer using WEP security, I switched to WPA-2.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series