× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trying to change the name of my router on the extender

swhiteindiana
Aspirant

Trying to change the name of my router on the extender

This is frustrating.  I have a new router (R7000).  It has a new name and password.  There are 2 speeds on the router,  The 5G speed still has the name of the old router, however it connects with the password of the new router.  I wanted to correct this by logging into the extender.  I don't know the password to the extender access.  So... I'm on the "Extender Password Recovery."   I got to this by putting in the serial number of the EX6100.  Now it wants me to answer two security questions.  I answer the questions -- they are not answers that I don't know --- my sister's first name, my father's middle name...  Then I get "The information you entered does not matcch what is saved on the routher."  AFAIK I've never given this information to my (R7000) router!! I might have given it to the extender... when it was connected to the old router... 

Is there anyway to completely reset this extender?  

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Re: Trying to change the name of my router on the extender

Hi @swhiteindiana,

Since you don't know the answers for security questions, I would recommend you to reset and reconfigure the extender with your new R7000 router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7