× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Trying to configure netgear router with repeater

Vinnieboy
Tutor

Trying to configure netgear router with repeater

Guys, I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to set up a wireless repeater in the house. I currently have a netgear router. I went online and found a YouTube clip on how to configure the router to enable a wireless repeater. In the video it said to access the netgear site by typing netgearlogin and then from then on it showed a section within the site called repeater I think. I can access what looks to be the same site as the video but I don't have an option for repeater. Why is it different to what's been shown on the video clip and is it still possible to configure the router. The router says its a N150 wireless modem router DGN1000. Can anyone help me ? Thanks
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If you do not see "wireless distribution system" - WDS in the router GUI then it does not support for this mode.

simply purchase extender such as wn2500rp and you do not have to worry about the setup you are looking at
Message 2 of 5
Vinnieboy
Tutor

Thanks JM. I ended up purchasing a netgear repeater wn2500rp model and i'm unable to to get it to respond wirelessly. Been reading loads of posts who have had a similar problem.

I eventually managed to access the Netgear genie site via mywifiext.net only after i've used the ethernet cable and using a pin to reset the the repeater. I follow the instructions and it almost looks like i'm getting success until i select continue at the end of the 2nd last page and then it throws me out of the site. I've read that other users are having the same fate as me.

The repeater looks like its working and the signal light appears. But if i try to connect wirelessly to the repeater it doesnt want to connect. Its like im almost there then netgear sticks its 2 fingers up at me. 😞

As i say it looks like this seems to be a fairly common issue and i've tried loads of different methods.

Any suggestions before i return it and stay away from netgear for life.

Very frustrated Vinnieboy :confused:
Message 3 of 5
nancybl
Aspirant

Adding an Xbox to my Netgear Router and Wireless Extender

How do I add my Xbox to my router and extender?
Message 4 of 5
Vinnieboy
Tutor

Hi nancy, if your extender works correctly then I would think its a case of typing in your password. That's if an extender is the same piece of equipment as the repeater.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7