× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trying to connect a remote AP through the extender

arcticrail
Follower

Trying to connect a remote AP through the extender

Good evening all,

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but as I think the problem may be in my extender set-up, I'll start here.

I'm trying to install a new AP in my remote garage through the EX7000 but the network won't recognize the AP when it's connected.  To fair, my network has many components from different suppliers...From the router all the way to the AP as follows:

Router: AC 3200/R8000

Range Extender: AC1900/EX7000 (connected to router via wifi)

House to Garage: P2P via Ubiquiti Nanostation Loco M5 connected via lan cable to EX7000

In the garage, the P2P is connected to a Ubiquiti 8XP Edgeswitch

The AP is an Omada TP Link EAP 225 connected to the 8XP

I know a data connection to the internet can be made thru this as I have a TV in the garage connected to the 8XP switch that is able to stream video without issue.

I can configure the EAP225 in the house if it connected directly to the R8000 and the AP functions correctly as long as it remains there.  As a point of reference, the AP will not communicate (and cannot be configured) if connected via cable to the EX7000 lan ports.

If I configure it in the hosue and move it to the garage and connect to the *XP switch, the network  does not "see" the EAP 225  at all.

Any suggestions (besides rip the whole thing out and start over!), I've tried everything I can think of to no avail.  I initially tried a Ubiquiti AP but I have been unable to succssfully configure one in any arrangement yet.

Appreciate any comments/suggstion/ideas.

Regards,

Kenny

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7