× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trying to update firmware on expander

Magickjc153
Aspirant

Trying to update firmware on expander

Just upgraded my Comcast modem to their newest one, and I'm having problems with my extender. I want to update the firmware to the latest version, downloaded the file but it isn't unzipping, contains a chk and html file. Not sure what to do? Is there another zip file someplace else or ?

Model: WN2500RP|Universal Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Trying to update firmware on expander

Hello Magickjc153 - Please check our page 24 of the user manual for directions on upgrading the firmware:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WN2500RP/WN2500RP_UM_9Nov12.pdf

~Christian 

Message 2 of 4
Magickjc153
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and assistance. The firmware ended up being current. 

The problem that I've been experiencing is that the extender keeps on cycling/losing its connection to the modem which is the newest one from Comcast (actually they replaced it after a week when we were trying to debug this problem). The Comcast tech did mention that there might be a problem with older extenders not being able to manage the newer modems (it is the 1 gbit model), no idea if this is part of the problem but it did work fine with the older modem. I am going to try just using one band (under Advanced Settings) to see if that helps.

Thanks again.

Ken

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Magickjc153 - Sure thing! Please feel free to update the thread with your findings.

~Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7