× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Two EX6410 wifi extenders on same network in access point mode

Garethjones70
Follower

Two EX6410 wifi extenders on same network in access point mode

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to connect two EX6410 wifi extenders to the same network and SSID name etc,  in access point mode ( I am able to connect them both to the router via ethernet, on separate floors of my house), and if this would be a sensible configuration. The Wifi signal is very weak between floors due to foil backed floor insulation. Thanks.

Model: EX6400v2|AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Two EX6410 wifi extenders on same network in access point mode

You should be able to. Again I say should because a lot depends on your router. I've seen ISP supplied routers that have had issues with more than 1 AP device. 

Right now I'm testin a couple things and have 3X devices running in AP mode off my RAX200. 

Just an fyi, the mesh function only works in wireless extender mode. You can set them with the same ssid but they might be "sticky" in that devices might not want to roam. but if your foil backed floor insulation blocks signal well enough, it might not be an issue at all. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7