× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Two EX8000 Share Same IP

KillswitchNgag3
Follower

Two EX8000 Share Same IP

When I originally set up my EX8000 (two of them), I connected both of them to my main router(R8500). I could see both IPs in the connected devices. Now I only see one connected to my main router (the mesh wifi must have automatically changed something). I also checked connected devices to my EX8000 where I see the IP. I do not see the one extender connected to the other. Using an iPhone I connected to the range extender that I don't know the IP and went to mywifiext.local and I was directed to the IP of the extender I do know.

My question is, can two EX8000 Mesh Extenders share the same IP? If not, how can I find the IP of the other extender?
Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Two EX8000 Share Same IP

No, you do not want them to have the same IP. You may need to reserve the IP address of the one extender then power on the second extender and see if it gets a new IP if not unplug the first one and see if the second one IP shows up.

https://kb.netgear.com/25722/How-do-I-reserve-an-IP-address-on-my-NETGEAR-router

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7