× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Two Nighthawk Mesh X4S and ISP router

SlyB
Aspirant

Two Nighthawk Mesh X4S and ISP router

Hi,
I would like to extend the wifi signal at home. The sky router will be located in the loft and I need one wifi extender on the 1st floor connected to the router and the second extender on the ground floor connected to the first extender.
I need to have one SSID.
Can I achive the above with this model of extender?
NETGEAR EX7500-100UKS Nighthawk Mesh X4S

Please note there is also an option to have the both extenders connected to the router via ethernet.

Thanks a lot,
Sly
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

You can do this with the mesh extenders - but you will get better wifi speeds if you can connect at least one of the extenders to the router using ethernet.

Orbi is another approach - you can deploy it as an AP (turning the wifi in your ISP router off).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You can do this with the mesh extenders - but you will get better wifi speeds if you can connect at least one of the extenders to the router using ethernet.

Orbi is another approach - you can deploy it as an AP (turning the wifi in your ISP router off).

Message 2 of 3
SlyB
Aspirant

Thanks mate.

I can connect both mesh extenders with with router via ethernet.

Not sure how to configure both extenders so both of them boradcast this same SSID as the router but I guess it's straight forward. Gonna purchase them soon.

Many thanks,

Sly 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7