× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE -NETGEAR ROUTER NOT FOUND OR NOT SUPPORTED

xninhox
Aspirant

URGENT HELP PLEASE -NETGEAR ROUTER NOT FOUND OR NOT SUPPORTED

Dear All,

i have been trying to log in netgear genie but it keeps showing me "NETGEAR ROUTER NOT FOUND OR NOT SUPPORTED".

I tried to reset the router; i  to put original firmware through "Tomato" IP 192.168.1.1 "tomato-R8000-1.28.AT-ARM7-3.5-140-initial-64K"; upgrade "R8000-V1.0.3.4_1.1.2" but whatever i did was not helpful.

can you help me please?

I also tried to do the router set up through the netgear genie app (android). I caught QR code and started the configuration; i restarted my modem and i cabled it with Nighthawk, then i restarted. I also changed my modem IP address as it was same as Nighthawk router's one but it keeps not working

My goal is simply to use my router as a wifi extender. My modem is Tim Hub (Telecom).

Look forward to receiving your feedback.

Best regards

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

so you had tomato on it and tried to get back to the original and you can't?

Recommendation? post this on the tomato forum. They're the experts on how to remove the software that was installed on it and the issues it causes. 

Message 2 of 8
xninhox
Aspirant

Hi plemans, thank you for your answer. Don't think the problem is tomato. I don't understand why i cannot log in Netgear genie To set up my router. Do you think that tomato is the problem? I can access To tomato adding To The browser the router IP 192.168.1.1 And from there i have no problems in reboot the router or updating firmware but still don't understand why it doesn't work
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

tomato and netgear genie don't work together.

If when you go to 192.168.1.1 you are still accessing tomato, then its still installed and genie won't work. Its a 3rd party firmware unsupported by netgear. 

Message 4 of 8
xninhox
Aspirant

Correct, when i put 192.168.1.1 i go to tomato and it shows me router inside with all its features. So you think the problem is Tomato? What would you do in my shoes?
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

If you don't need genie and its working fine, leave it.

If you want genie then followup with the tomato forum for removing tomato and reinstalling the original firmware.

We don't help with 3rd party firmware, you need to do that on the appropriate forum 

Message 6 of 8
xninhox
Aspirant

So You mean that My nighthawk x6 r8000 Can be configured as a WiFi extender by using tomato? Sorry for asking but i am Not expert and all The tutorials found on youtube use both netgear genie (web) And tomato. I tried To log in netgearlogin.Com but It doesn't work. I also tried To cancel cache but still not working.

Thanks in advance for your reply
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

You don't have netgear firmware running on the router. Its like calling micrsoft for a computer that you installed linux on. 

Please go to the tomato forums for assistance. 

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7