× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to Connect WN2500RP

MarshallLaw
Aspirant

Unable to Connect WN2500RP

Spent the last 3 hrs on Live Chat with Ched ID#46267 trying to get this Extender to work with no luck.
I run a WIN7 environment (2 wired desktops, 2-4 wireless laptops) I have Linksys Modem(BEFCMU10) and Router (WRT400N) and Bridge (WET610N). I was previously assured that the WN2500RP would work with this envrionment.

The Setup Genie worked ok as far as identifying my 2.4 and 5.0Ghz networks and passphrases. The problem came when it was time to creat the Extender networks and actually connect to them and access the Internet.

After several setup attempts I realized that NetGear is apparently using unqualified people on the Live Chat.

Any help on getting this to work would be appreciated otherwise I return the product to Amazon with an Unqualified DoNOT Buy recommendation.:mad:

thanks in advance
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

if extender is connected to main wireless router and you are able to take wifi devices and connect to _ext SSID but no internet then try specify google dns on wifi devices side see if you can get web browsing going .
Message 2 of 5
MarshallLaw
Aspirant

OK, I admit I am not as literate in network lingo - what exactly do you mean by "...try specify google dns on wifi devices side..."

My original network setup (without the extender, i.e. my normal wireless network) works fine. Just can't get the _EXT networks to work and the Live Chat "expert" was pretty clueless about how the Setup ran let alone how to get the Extender working properly.:(:mad:
Message 3 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Put google DNS server ip on pc's network adapter

Google for google DNS and their page will tell you how to do that
Message 4 of 5
pinkbytes
Aspirant

MarshallLaw wrote:
OK, I admit I am not as literate in network lingo - what exactly do you mean by "...try specify google dns on wifi devices side..."

My original network setup (without the extender, i.e. my normal wireless network) works fine. Just can't get the _EXT networks to work and the Live Chat "expert" was pretty clueless about how the Setup ran let alone how to get the Extender working properly.:(:mad:

If your computer is already connected to the EXT network, do you also have an IP aaddress? What is your computer IP address?

If you do have try to ping the IP address of the router on the computer connected to the extender and also try to ping the extender on the computer connected to the main router?
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7