× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to Set Up Wifi Extender

rlw1279
Aspirant

Unable to Set Up Wifi Extender

I purchased the NetGear N300 Wifi Extender Model EX2700.  I have gone through set up and everything appears to be as it should until I get to the final step of connecting a device.  When I connect my phone, I am taken to the Netgear log in page and told that something went wrong, but never given any details.  If i try to connect my laptop (which I am using for the set up) I am unable to connect to the internet.  I have run the set up no less than 5 times, factory resetting it after each fail.  The last two times, I have even plugged the extender into an outlet directly next to the router.  What else can I do?  

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Unable to Set Up Wifi Extender

How are you doing the setup? with wps or using the installation wizard? 

If you're using wps, try using the installation wizard. 

What router are you using? 

Message 2 of 6
rlw1279
Aspirant

I am using the installation wizard.  I have not tried it using the wps method.  

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

what router are you connecting to? 

Message 4 of 6
rlw1279
Aspirant

I'm connecting to the router that I was given by my internet provider - Xfinitiy.  

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

xfinity has a lot of routers/modems. 

A model number helps. 

Have you checked with xfinity to see if there's any specific settings needed on their routers to run an extender? 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7