× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to login to EX6200v2 settings

Brian240
Follower

Unable to login to EX6200v2 settings

So the problem I have is, I changed my Netgear EX6200v2 to a static IP address and now I’m unable to login to it thru my Internet browser. The Wi-Fi extender still works, where I’m able to connect to it with my devices. But I’m unable to login to it. I’ve tried resetting it and a lot of other troubleshooting.
Model: EX6200v2|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Unable to login to EX6200v2 settings

And what address did you setup in the router to assign to the extender? If the extender is expecting to be on one address and the routers assigning a different one, it can cause issues. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to login to EX6200v2 settings

@Brian240 wrote:
So the problem I have is, I changed my Netgear EX6200v2 to a static IP address and now I’m unable to login to it thru my Internet browser. The Wi-Fi extender still works, where I’m able to connect to it with my devices. But I’m unable to login to it. I’ve tried resetting it and a lot of other troubleshooting.

Any reason why you did that?

There might be ways of achieving your objective without breaking the way they design these systems.

How are you trying to login to the extender? What happens when you aim a browser at their IP address?

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7