× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to register a third Netgear product because I've already used my email address!! WHAT??

Unhappy11
Aspirant

Unable to register a third Netgear product because I've already used my email address!! WHAT??

After installing router, it didn't give promised extended range; so, I purchased an extender (from Amazon) it is alr. eady obsolete and defective -missed return date by two days. Now, stupid me, spent more money, bought a Mesh extender (suggested by Netgear emails). Now, Netgear will not let me register it, I am unable to use my email address more than once!!

What gives.

PS: I am unwilling to wait a hour to talk to a gearhead!

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Unable to register a third Netgear product because I've already used my email address!! WHAT??

@Unhappy11 wrote:

Now, Netgear will not let me register it, I am unable to use my email address more than once!!

Since you already have an account at my.netgear.com, you simply log into that account using your email address.  You'll then be able to register the new extender.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Unable to register a third Netgear product because I've already used my email address!! WHAT??

@Unhappy11 wrote:

Now, Netgear will not let me register it, I am unable to use my email address more than once!!

Since you already have an account at my.netgear.com, you simply log into that account using your email address.  You'll then be able to register the new extender.

Message 2 of 3
Unhappy11
Aspirant

Thanks a bunch. I've been trying to "do it myself" since switching from Apple airport extreme - which was progressively getting slower. Cable/internet guy suggested Nighthawk router, which when installed didn't have extended range, as promised; so I got an obsolete and defective extender.  The mesh extender is working well now.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7